And so the journey began... I met Travis on June 9, 2006, thanks to our mutual friends Sean and Brandy Atnip. I had just recently moved back to the Dallas area from Beaumont, and my friend Brandy was coming up for the weekend to visit me. Since Sean had a friend that had just recently moved to the Dallas area too, he decided to come with her. Once Sean and Brandy got to town we met up with his friend, and it was all over from there :) We went out to The Quarter Bar in Uptown and had a blast! From the first night we met we were pretty much inseparable. I never thought I'd be lucky enough to snag such a good looking awesome guy, but look at me! I did!
The next year and a half flew by, and before I knew it, it was February 8, 2008. It had been a long day at school and all I wanted to do was just go home and do nothing. Travis had other ideas though. He insisted that we had to go to dinner with his cousin Kim because he had been promising her that we would go for weeks. So, I reluctantly gave in on the condition that we would go home early. We pulled up to Trulucks (with me still not being in the mood to be out) and went inside just in time for Kim to call and say she was running late. Great. They went ahead and sat us at the table, we ordered some wine, and then Travis started acting all weird and nervous. The next thing I knew, he had a ring in his hand and was asking me to marry him! I was so excited and in major shock, that all I said was, "Really, you want to marry me?" He laughed and said, "Of course I do. So is that a yes?" And as soon as "yes" came out of my mouth my whole family walked up to the table. Another surprise! We weren't meeting Kim there after all. The phone call of Kim being late was my dad calling from the parking lot letting Travis know that they were there!
Six months later, on August 9, 2008, Travis and I were standing on the beach at Magen's Bay in the beautiful St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, getting married. It was absolutely amazing! Ever since I was a little girl I had wanted to get married on the beach, and that day all my dreams came true. I married the love of my life and my best friend with our toes in the sand! And all of our family and close friends were there to help us celebrate in paradise! It was truly perfect!
Six months later, on August 9, 2008, Travis and I were standing on the beach at Magen's Bay in the beautiful St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, getting married. It was absolutely amazing! Ever since I was a little girl I had wanted to get married on the beach, and that day all my dreams came true. I married the love of my life and my best friend with our toes in the sand! And all of our family and close friends were there to help us celebrate in paradise! It was truly perfect!
In January 2009 we sold our condo in Uptown, and moved into our new home in Carrollton on February 26. We had been here only a couple of months when we added another furry child to the mix. Our sweet little rambunctious Bella. Bailey, our first furry child, thought her world was ending. We had totally ruined her life. But now, two years later, I can honestly say that they are buds. It's actually kind of funny to see people's reactions when I take them walking and people see a doberman and a little bitty weenie dog enjoying each other's company. They really are quite the combo!

Well, I think that should just about bring you up to speed for now. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment