Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Home Improvements

Spring Break started a whirl wind of home improvements around the Cook household... ranging from painting and outfitting the office to redoing the landscaping in the back yard, as well as outfitting the arbor with new furniture! During spring break I obviously had lots of time on my hands :) so I decided to finally start fixing up the office. I started by painting it and then by buying office furniture and getting it organized. I still have some decorating left to do, but here are some pictures of the progress so far!



After Bella's foot injury on our metal landscaping, Travis and I decided to do some changes in the backyard as well. We spent one weekend ripping up all the metal edging surrounding the yard... that stuff is really a pain in the rear! We replaced the edging with stone which looks really nice. We also ripped out some bushes and made a stone pad for the smoker... that way I could have my arbor back :) After adding new arbor furniture, a chimenea, pool loungers, tiki torches, and another palm tree, I can honestly say that it's just about perfect. Each spring we have to replant some of our tropical plants that didn't make it through the winter... we have just a few more of those to replace and then our backyard paradise will be complete! Take a look at our tropical oasis!



As with most homeowners, it seems that updating and remodeling never end, but I feel like we have at least put a good sized dent in our list so far this year! My late spring/early summer projects will be to get two of the upstairs bedrooms painted. So keep a look out for pictures of those once they are done! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment