Sunday, February 19, 2012

7 Short Weeks...

Wow! Has it really been over a month since I last blogged??? If the speed at which time is passing here lately is any indication of what is to come, then it feels like Calleigh will be here tomorrow! Honestly, it's just plain crazy to me how fast my entire pregnancy has gone. It felt like an eternity to get pregnant and now in just a few short weeks it will all be over... insane!

To try and catch you up, Travis and I took our Preparation for Childbirth class at the end of January. It was a really good class... even Travis was impressed and learned a lot :) Our instructors were very helpful and I can only hope to have one of them as my nurse when Calleigh comes. They were so good at answering all the "new mom and dad" questions we all had. We got to take a tour of the labor and delivery floor, as well as the nursery, learned CPR, how to swaddle an infant, and how to change a diaper... the dad's were pretty entertaining during this part!

Just a few days after our class we had our 29 week appointment with Dr. Godat... everything went great! During the ultrasound he confirmed that she was still a girl :) and that she was growing healthy and strong at around 3 pounds. The first picture is her sweet little profile... the other is her chunky little leg! Once again, we were a week late on the belly pic, but week 30 is the third picture.





Fast forward three weeks, and we are at our 32 week appointment with Dr. Godat (this last Wednesday). And other than hearing Calleigh's heartbeat, it was pretty uneventful. Dr. Godat is still pleased with how everything is progressing. Our appointments are getting closer together now, which means she is getting closer to being here, and I can't wait! Here is our week 32 picture. Notice how the first trimester tiredness has officially come back around full force? :)


Over the next three weeks we have a LOT going on, so I fully expect the time flying trend to continue. This coming Saturday I have my Breast Feeding class at the hospital. I am very curious and anxious to see what all I learn! The weekend after that begins the "showering" of our precious baby girl. I'm really excited about this too! We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives that want to help us prepare for our bundle of joy! On March 6 we have our 35 week appointment with Dr. Godat, and then after that it will be spring break... YEAH!!! Which means I'll be starting up my acupuncture sessions again and putting the finishing touches on the nursery. It's my goal to have everything ready to go by the end of spring break (nursery ready, car seat installed, hospital bags packed, etc.). Here's to hoping my plans are God's plans! :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment