Friday, July 6, 2012

Calleigh's BIRTHday!

WOW is all I can say. It's been a long time since my last post and so much has happened since then that I'm going to try my best to finally get it all written down... before I forget it!

Thursday, April 5, 2012, at 8:47 p.m. we got to meet our precious baby girl, Calleigh Abrielle Cook. It had been a LONG three years up to that point, but man, was it all worth it! We had a scheduled induction for 7:30 that morning, and I don't think either of us got any sleep the night before... the anticipation of what was to come that day was just too great. We arrived at the hospital on time and about 8:45 things finally began to get underway. The epidural was in place and the Pitocin was started at 9:30. Dr. Godat had planned on breaking my water at noon, but was called into emergency surgery so it was 2:00 before it was done. From that point on it seemed like time was creeping by... I was dilating very slowly... until I got to 5 cm. Then it's like my body kicked into overdrive. It only took an hour to get from 5 cm to 10 cm! I started pushing at 7:30 and an hour and seventeen minutes later Calleigh entered the world! A total of 11 hours and 17 minutes of labor. Our little miracle weighed in at 7 pounds 15 ounces and was 18 3/4 inches long. Absolutely PERFECT!

And it begins...
Dr. Travis monitoring the contractions...
It's finally GO time!
She's here!!!
Daddy cutting the cord...
Daddy and Calleigh holding hands for the first time...
This is Daddy's "Oh Crap! What do I do now?" face...
And finally Mommy meets her angel!!!
At the nursery for the official weigh in...
One of God's most precious gifts: Calleigh Abrielle Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment