Sunday, September 11, 2011

Medium Green Olive

We had our 9 week appointment this past Wednesday. The original appointment was set for 8am, but Dr. Mansfield got called into a surgery, so they had to split our appointment. :( Instead of doing the entire appointment at one time, they had me come in to do the bloodwork at 7:30 and then come back at 3:45 for the sono. Despite having to wait all day long to see our little one, the appointments went off without a hitch! My bloodwork came back great, and so did the sono. Once again, Dr. Mansfield was able to find the heartbeat easily. This time it was 182bpm! Even faster and louder than last time. It's such a wonderful sound... I wish I could listen to it all day every day! While Dr. Mansfield was doing the sono and trying to get a good 3D picture, our little one moved it's arm (well, it's really more like a paddle at this stage, but it still moved it)! It was so exciting! Here are a couple of the sono pictures.

  

This week Dr. Mansfield moved our counting day (week 1, week 2, etc.) back to Wednesdays, instead of Thursdays. And we are now measuring one week ahead. I'm not exactly sure what that really indicates, but I'd rather be ahead of schedule than behind schedule :) At the end of the appointment, Dr. Mansfield told us that we had graduated! We were done with the fertility clinic and were now released back to Dr. Godat. As we said goodbye to everyone and left the clinic I called Dr. Godat to set up our first appointment with him. We go on Wednesday, September 21. Another two week wait :) I have no idea what to expect at this appointment, but I definitely have lots of questions for him!

What to Expect When You're Expecting compared our little one to the size of a medium green olive for this week... but as long as it's growing healthy, they can compare it to whatever food they want! Starting this Wednesday (at week 10) we are going to start the "belly" pics. I'm not exactly fond of showing how big I'm getting each week, but we have been on such an amazing journey with this whole experience, I want to make sure I document everything so that I never forget! So there's a little something for you to look forward to, lol. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment