Then came the much awaited first sono appointment. I was 6 weeks and 6 days. Such a happy day! Our appointment was at 8:00 on August 24. I was so thankful it was at the beginning of the day so that I didn't have to wait anxiously all day long! That morning we saw Dr. Mansfield (Dr. Kathy was out of state for a death in the family). It took her no time at all to find our little one. Such a relief! And it took her even less time to find the heartbeat. Hooray! An even bigger relief! Travis and I had been prepared to see the heartbeat at this appointment, but we didn't think we would be able to hear it just yet. However, without even hesitating, Dr. Mansfield clicked on the screen and then the most amazing sound filled the room! Travis and I both were in shock. It was so loud... and so strong (132 bpm)! Dr. Mansfield said everything looked absolutely perfect! I was even measuring ahead of schedule. We couldn't have been happier! Our due date is now April 11. Below are just a couple of the pics from the sono.
We go back to the doctor on Wednesday, September 7 (8 weeks 6 days). I can't wait to see my little one on the big screen again! At this appointment they will do another sono and then some bloodwork. If everything comes back okay, then at that point, Dr. Kathy will release me back to Dr. Godat. While we of course are hoping for more excellent news, I am kind of sad that we won't be seeing Dr. Kathy anymore. She is such a fabulous doctor, and I love her staff. We had such a wonderful experience with them. Hopefully on Wednesday we will have more pictures to share!... And I will do a better job of posting updates :) Until next time...
I am SO very excited for you and will be praying daily. I had been waiting to hear, but didn't want to ask. Thank goodness I checked your blog. All 3 of you are in my prayers. Love you!
ReplyDelete