Let's start with Calleigh's bedding... we LOVE it! Her Nana, my mom, bought it for her. Her bedding set included: the comforter, bumper, dust ruffle, fitted sheet, toy bag, pillow, diaper stacker, and 2 valances! For right now, it is pseudo placed in her room (so we could get an idea of what it will really look like), but still needs to be washed up, ironed, and then all put back in the proper places.
The next things that came in were some of the wall decor items. We ordered an adorable vinyl decal of a tree with owls and birds to place in one corner of her room that I hope will be her little reading nook/play area. We also ordered a scripture quote, in lavender letters, to place over her crib. The scripture is one of my favorites: For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart. From 1 Samuel 1:27. Below the quote will be a framed picture of one of the maternity pictures that was taken back in October. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect picture frame, but below is a sneak peek of what it should look like once it's on the wall correctly :)
Some of Calleigh's other wall decor items are still in progress... her Gigi, Travis's mom, is painting her two canvas owls and one canvas bird that will match the owls and birds from the tree decal. Here is what Gigi has so far... aren't they precious! I can't wait to see them when they are all complete!
Back in October, Travis and I had some pictures taken by LOVE PIC LOVE studio. They weren't designed to be maternity pictures, but once the photographer learned we were pregnant, he wanted to take a few maternity shots anyways. We were super pleased with how they all turned out! The bottom picture is the one that will be in Calleigh's nursery.
Then came our week 25 appointment with Dr. Godat. That morning they did the Glucose test, which I am glad to say came back with great results! No gestational diabetes here! AND somehow, I only gained 1 pound between Thanksgiving and Christmas! I am still right on track with my weight and just hope that it stays that way :) At the appointment, I let Dr. Godat know some of the new things I have been experiencing... like how my lower belly will get super duper tight and then I'll feel this great amount of pressure... almost like Calleigh's about to pop out! He said that I was experiencing Braxton Hicks... and since it was a tad early for that in his opinion, that when we go back on January 25 (29 weeks) he will do an exam and a sono just to make sure everything is okay. I also told him how strangely quick that I've gotten pretty uncomfortable and how I haven't been sleeping well... at all :( Maybe two to three solid hours at a time... and again, he said that it was a little early since we are still only in the second trimester, but was just my body getting ready for little Miss Calleigh. He didn't seem overly worried about it all though, so I'm trying not to either... but I just have this eerie feeling that Calleigh is going to want to make her debut earlier than expected. I sure hope I'm wrong! Here is our belly pic from that week :)
To top all the excitement from the last two weeks off, Travis surprised me earlier this week with a Baby Moon! We are heading to Charleston, South Carolina, this next weekend for one last getaway before Calleigh comes! How awesome is he??? We have both been wanting to visit Charleston for a while now, so we are pretty pumped. This next week/weekend I will be taking lots of pictures to share, as well as our week 27 picture, so stay tuned! Until next time...





No comments:
Post a Comment