Saturday, August 13, 2011

Keeping Busy

Since this was going to be the longest 9 days of my life, I had to keep myself busy. So to preoccupy my time, I became a huge fan of the website Pinterest. If you aren't familiar with it yet, it's a website where people can share all of their favorite things and likes with others. Projects range from fun do-it-yourself ideas to fashion to food. It IS fantastic! However, I must warn you... it is majorly addicting... like crack for the crafty! :)

My first Pinterest project was a pillowcase top. The idea came from a posting that was of a pillowcase dress for a little girl. I thought it was really adorable, but obviously a pillowcase would not fit me as a dress, so I wanted to make it into a top instead. I borrowed my mom's sewing machine, and away I went! The first picture is the original pillowcase dress from the posting. The second picture is how my top turned out. Pretty close for my first try, huh? (Well all except for the armpit holes!)


My second Pinterest project was a cute little tote. The idea came from a posting that was of a tote from a website where you could buy it, but with my new sewing skills, I figured I'd give making it a shot. The first picture is from the website. The second picture is my tote. Super cute, right?                                                                                                                   

My third Pinterest project is still underway... so stay tuned for its results! And there will be many others to come too! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment