Saturday, August 13, 2011

More Waiting

After the good news on August 4, I had to go back for more bloodwork on the 6th to make sure my levels were rising like they were supposed to (they are supposed to double every 48 hours). Yay for me! More waiting... the story of my life :) While I was waiting, I decided to do my own test. I was so good not to do any home pregnancy tests until after the final results on Thursday, so I wanted to make sure if what the nurse had told me was for real. And sure enough, those pee sticks really do read something other than Not Pregnant! I can't tell you how exciting it is to read Pregnant when all I've seen for over the past two years has been Not Pregnant.


That afternoon the call didn't come quite as late as the breaking news call did, but the results were just as good! My level almost tripled in 48 hours and was now at 618. Praise the Lord!!! Since my level came back really good this time too, the nurse said that I didn't have to go back to see them until my ultrasound on August 24. That is unless I started having problems.

It still all seems so unreal. I am so incredibly grateful to God and all of our family and friends that have been praying relentlessly for us. I know I have said it before, but Travis and I really are truly blessed beyond measure! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment