And so it begins! Yesterday was the embryo transfer... I started the day off by going to acupuncture to relax, and then followed that up with two Valium :) I was more nervous about meeting with the Embryologist and getting an update on the embryos than I was about the transfer itself! Once we got to the clinic and met with Cassie, our Embryologist, my nerves immediately settled... it was good news, YAY! We had one "perfect embryo" and then three other good ones. They were considered good quality and not perfect, only because they were a smaller size. They chose the larger one out of the three good ones, and transferred it and the perfect one! The other two are candidates for freezing, but have to grow a little bigger first. We should know by Thursday if they were both able to be frozen. Below is an ultrasound picture from when Dr. Kathy did the transfer... Isn't it amazing? The two bright white dots next to each other are our transferred embryos!
Dr. Kathy repeated a couple of times how extremely pleased she was with how our IVF cycle has turned out so far... even to the point of sharing it with one of the other RE's in the clinic! I LOVED LOVED LOVED hearing her say this! Not only is it super comforting, but she sees all kinds of cases, and for her to be so pleased with ours, that has to mean something, right? Dr. Kathy has done all that she can do. Everything else is up to our Heavenly Father and our two little embryos. If they will just continue to behave and implant like they are suppose to, I will officially be the happiest person on the planet! :)
After leaving the clinic we headed back to acupuncture... then to Buffalo Wild Wings... then home to rest. I finished the night off with the start of the pineapple craze! Pineapple is thought to help implantation so I stocked up on fresh pineapple (I cut it up myself yesterday morning), canned pineapple chunks to eat with cottage cheese (YUM!), dried pineapple chunks, and pineapple juice. Think I'm covered? :) Today and tomorrow I am to take it easy and lay around the house and rest... this will be no problem at all given that my chance to do so is quickly dwindling with the start of school approaching.
Nine days from now will be the big day. I go at 8:00 next Thursday morning for bloodwork to find out if I'm pregnant or not. I'm expecting that day to be the most nerve wracking of all! But until then, I plan to keep myself busy and think only positive and happy thoughts! And to of course continue to pray obsessively :) Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment