As I figured, the past two weeks have gone by in a blur... The Monday before last, I started my yoga membership with Dynamic Power Yoga in Addison. I love it! It's a 90 minute hot yoga class, and I feel so great and so relaxed when it's over. And a few days before that, I started my acupuncture treatments. I go twice a week to see Emily, at the Texas Center for Reproductive Acupuncture. It is also very relaxing. I actually doze off for a bit each time towards the end of the session!
Last weekend Travis and I headed to Crystal Beach to spend the weekend with his family. We saw a huge rainbow on our way there, which instantly brightened my mood! I would spend every day at the beach if I could. It's so peaceful. We had such a great time visiting his family that I wish we could have stayed longer... We don't get to see his family near as often as I'd like. Below is a picture of the rainbow we saw and some of the Bolivar Bay Blue Crabs that Sam caught Saturday morning!
This past Monday, I had my doctors appointment to do the "mock transfer" (run through of what they will do on the day of the actual embryo transfer), and for the nurse to show me how to administer all my IVF injections. I also got to meet with one of the Embryologists that morning. She did such a great job of answering all my questions about the fertilization of the eggs, as well as the transfer and freezing of the embryos. This entire process really is amazing!
Wednesday night I started the first of my IVF injections. It took me 4 times of counting to 3 before actually sticking myself! And I must admit, like everyone told me, it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it would be. But next weekend when I go to 3 shots a day it might be a different story! I just picture having a little baby, or two, or three :) to hold when it's all said and done, and that makes it a little easier. Unfortunately though, it looks as if I'm having an allergic reaction to the Lupron medication. Yesterday afternoon I noticed bumps on my arms, legs, stomach, back, and chest. UGH! My doctor prescribed me some lotion to put on it, so I'm hoping that in a couple of days it will clear up. Sorry if it's too graphic for some of you, but here are a couple of pictures of it.
The rash is not unbearable, but does itch, and does look gross. With all the different medications that will be flowing through my body over the next few weeks, I can only imagine the side effects I'll have from each one. I just keep reminding myself that it will all be very well worth it! Until next time...




No comments:
Post a Comment