In an post earlier this spring, I mentioned a couple more home improvement projects for the 2011 year... painting two of the upstairs bedrooms. Well, one is complete! One room is/was originally painted a pale yellow. I thought it was boring and wanted to add some color... so, I bought some dark brown paint and painted just the back wall in the room. My plan was to have the one brown accent wall and then paint the other three walls a sagey green color. However, once I got the brown wall painted, it made the pale yellow look a lot creamier... which I liked! So instead of painting the rest of the walls green, I'm leaving them the way they are, which = less work for me :) This bedroom has it's own bathroom, so to tie in the brown accent wall, I painted the bathroom brown too. The pictures don't do it much justice because of the lighting, but I am really pleased with how it all turned out!
I still have one more upstairs bedroom to paint... but am holding off on painting this room until I know what kind of room it will be :) Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment