Infertility is such a lonely place... a depressing, make you want to stay in the bed and cry for a couple of days because your temperature dropped and you now have your typical 3 day pre-period headache type of place. Month after month of wasting money on pregnancy tests just to read "NOT PREGNANT" just plain sucks. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. I've spent countless hours on the internet researching everything under the sun related to infertility, only for it to make me feel even more isolated from the fertile world. And with all this free summer time on my hands, it hasn't really helped the situation. However, since our treatment has switched to IVF, so have my internet searches. But as of today, I feel as if I have reached the end of all the IVF knowledge that the fabulous world wide web has to offer. Therefore, it's time for something new!... somewhat of an infertile twist :)
Instead of researching facts and statistics related to IVF, I began a search for funny IVF blogs. I need something to help keep me out of the infertile dumps and to help me keep a reality based but yet light-hearted perspective. So far I have stumbled across two blogs that I really like. The first blog is: http://the2weekwait.blogspot.com. This woman is hilarious! While her journey is not exactly like ours, I've definitely shared some of her same thoughts. The other blog is: http://999reasonstolaughcontests.blogspot.com/. It is too funny! Of course though, this blog is designed for those actually experiencing infertility... so some of you lucky fertile mertiles might not fully relate to the sense of humor. Below are just a few of her 999 reasons to laugh at infertility:
#1 You find out your mother's friend's dry cleaner's daughter's Facebook friend's second cousin's once removed is pregnant through IVF, and you are jealous.
#2 You anticipate hearing pregnancy announcements every time you see your friends.
#3 You've tried to increase your basal temperature by urinating while you take your temp.
#4 You feel your breasts, subtly, in public for signs of tenderness.
#5 You won't use the telephone for the entire day knowing the fertility clinic will be calling.
#6 You always look at a stranger's belly to see if she's pregnant, and if she is, you glare at her.
The search is still on for more funny IVF blogs, so if you happen to know of any, please share! Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment